Diakopto is a successful, fast-growing and profitable startup, founded in 2017, and headquartered in Silicon Valley, California. We are developing game-changing EDA software tools and methodologies that dramatically increase the productivity of integrated circuit (IC) and layout design, analysis, debugging, visualization, and optimization. We work at the intersection of different disciplines including software, computer science, algorithms, physics, mathematics, and IC design.
Our tools have been adopted by over 30 Tier 1 customers and have become the solution of choice in the IC design industry. We focus on simplicity, clarity, ease of use, intuitiveness, and user-friendliness of software. Customers love our products and find them fun to use.
We are looking for a Senior Applications Engineer / Manager to lead our customer applications engineering initiatives. Key responsibilities include:
- Customer and applications support.
- Evangelize our products and technologies to customers and partners.
- Serve as an interface between customers and internal development team.
- Be involved in product and strategy definition.
- Pre-sale and post-sale technical support:
- Hands-on customer demos and presentations.
- Support of customer evaluations.
- Debug and resolve problems reported by customers.
- Create technical marketing materials, including white papers, application notes, video tutorials, website, etc.
- Attend and present at industry trade shows and conferences.
- Manage our University collaboration programs.
- Keep up-to-date on competitive solutions and industry landscape.
At Diakopto, we all wear many “hats” and do not have bureaucratic, hierarchical, political, and departmental barriers. We are a lean bunch of professionals who can work independently and collaborate as a team, complementing each other’s unique expertise and abilities. We welcome and encourage new ideas, creative brainstorming and revolutionary approaches.
This position is a highly visible role with the opportunity to work directly with our CEO and senior executives, as well as with some of the most innovative companies in the semiconductor industry.
- BS, MS, or PhD in electrical engineering, physics, or computer science.
- 5+ years of recent experience in the semiconductor or EDA industry.
- Technical expertise in, and familiarity with, one or more of the following areas:
- Circuit design and layout (analog, custom digital, RF);
- IC design flow, EDA concepts and methodologies;
- Parasitic extraction and physical verification.
- Customer and/or application support.
- Ability to understand and analyze customers’ engineering challenges and develop creative solutions.
- Fluency with scripting and Linux environment.
- Strong verbal and written communications and presentations skills.
- Willingness to travel, and ability to work on-site with customers without supervision.